Guests needing service, equipment, or with questions should inquire at the office. The office is normally staffed 24 hours while groups are on the grounds. Please call the office at 360-830-5010 if someone is not available. They will have a cell phone with them or the answering service will respond.
In case of an emergency when the office is not open, you may get assistance by calling 360-830-5010 or by contacting the Executive Director (Chuck at Cypress House). Emergency medical assistance is reached by calling 911. Please notify the Seabeck staff of your emergency if you do call 911.
Linens and Towel Service
- Upon arrival guest rooms are supplied with clean towels, washcloths, soap, fresh bed linens, at least two blankets, and one pillow.
- In the interest in conservation, towels will not be automatically replaced each day. If guests would like towels replaced, we ask that they are left outside of the room door by 10:00 am and the housekeeping staff will try to replace them by 12:00 pm. Hanging towels on hooks in the room signals that it will be reused.
Dining Room and Meals
- All meals are served family style in the Dining Room. A bell rings 5 minutes before each meal. A second bell will signal that the dining room is open. Because of the family style service, we ask that everyone be on time for meals.
- Alternative diets can be requested with advance notice through the group leader. Seabeck offers vegetarian, vegan, non-celiac gluten free, dairy free or a combination of these.
- The Dining Room is strictly for guest meal service and is not available for group programs or activities.
- Dishes, silverware, glasses, etc. are not to be taken from the dining room under any circumstances unless authorized by the management staff.
Changes to Seabeck Property
Furnishings, beds, and bedding are not to be moved or removed by guests. A charge will be made for unauthorized moving of beds or bedding that has to be returned. Meeting room furniture may not be moved outside of buildings.
Do not place labels, tape, tacks, etc. on walls, floors, or doors in any Seabeck facilities. Items hung with blue painter’s tape will be permitted in certain areas and is available in the office.
Guests can park only in designated areas and not on lawns or paths.
Sleeping in recreational vehicles and camping are not permitted.
Guests are not allowed to bring their pets to Seabeck for reasons of sanitation and safety, unless they are service animals.
- WA state law bans smoking inside buildings and 25 or more feet from any door or window. Marijuana is prohibited on the grounds.
- For safety purposes, absolutely no smoking is allowed in grassy or wooded areas, including trails.
Fireplaces, Campfires or Open Flames
- Candles, lanterns, fireworks or open flames other than designated campfire and fireplace areas are not allowed.
- Firewood is provided in meeting rooms with fireplaces or wood stoves. Fires at the fire pit must be extinguished before leaving the fire circle. There is a hose available and a water key is needed, which is available at the office.
- Firewood is not an unlimited resource. Please use it wisely.
- Please be mindful of quiet hours from 10:00 pm until 7:00 am.
- The use of amplified music should be limited to places and volumes that do not carry beyond the grounds.
Arts & Crafts
Craft activities are to be conducted either outside or in the Colman Craft Center. Meeting rooms and conference tables may not be used for activities involving paint, glue, etc., and glitter is not allowed.
Personal Items and Lost & Found
Seabeck is not responsible for items left in rooms or meeting rooms. If you have lost something while on the grounds you can check in the dining room on the lost & found table, or ask in the office if your missing item was turned in. You should also check with your group leader. Items left behind are kept at Seabeck for up to one month, then everything is donated to a charity.
Tipping the Staff
Tipping of individual staff members is not permitted. Seabeck maintains a staff appreciation fund to which donations will gladly be accepted and distributed among all the employees.
Seabeck reserves the right to remove any persons from its property who, at the sole discretion of Seabeck, are unauthorized, who are creating an unnecessary disturbance, or who are jeopardizing the health, safety, and rights of other guests. Seabeck reserves the right to prohibit or stop activities or events that, in Seabeck’s judgment, present a danger to its property and/or guests.
- Please return your room keys.
- Guests do not need to strip the beds
- Be sure that all personal belongings are out of rooms before departure. Seabeck is not responsible for items left behind. Cell phone chargers, still plugged in the outlets, are left behind regularly. Please check for them before leaving.
- Please turn off all lights and close windows and doors when checking out of your room.
Every time a guest has something to tell us, whether it’s a maintenance issue, comment about the food, idea on how we can improve, a complaint, or a compliment, we want to hear about it! Your opinion means so much to us. During the last two meals of a group’s stay, Guest Satisfaction Surveys will be placed in baskets on the tables in the dining room to be filled out by our guests.
The staff appreciates and reads all the comments and ratings given on the Guest Satisfaction Surveys from guests and groups about Seabeck – including the bad, the good, and the great! It helps us to improve our services to you. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your input.