- This event has passed.
Health and Homelessness Panel Discussion, Online
October 5 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
October 5th, 2021 5.30- 7.00 PM (online)
Join Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility’s Economic Inequity & Health Task Force for a special virtual event on the health impacts of the homelessness crisis, and how Washington health professionals and fellow advocates can help advance equitable policy solutions together!
We are thrilled to be joined by an incredible panel of leaders, including:
- Rep. Nicole Macri: Housing justice champion and State Representative for the 43rd legislative district.
- Sarah Newman, CNA: Certified Nursing Assistant and homelessness advocate. Sarah has lived experience navigating the health impacts of homelessness in WA.
- Shelly McLallen: Spokane-based community advocate with lived experience being homeless. Shelly uses her voice to help make sure everyone has access to safe and healthy housing.
- Seema Clifasefi, PhD, MSW: Associate professor of psychology and co-director of the Harm Reduction Research and Treatment (HaRRT) Center in the Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Washington-Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, WA.
- Richard Waters, MD, MSc: Family and addiction medicine physician in Seattle, WA and site medical director for Neighborcare Health’s Housing & Street Outreach Programs.
The evening will be moderated by Dr. Charles Mayer, family physician and co-chair of WPSR’s Economic Inequity & Health task force.