- This event has passed.
Nonviolent Grassroots Organizing, 1st of 6 week series, Olympia
September 20, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
NONVIOLENT GRASSROOTS ORGANIZING—by Glen Anderson
The 6-session series will occur on six consecutive Thursday afternoons (from 1:00 to 3:00 pm) from
Sept. 20 to Oct. 25, 2018, at the Olympia Senior Center, 222 Columbia Street NW, downtown Olympia.
This workshop series is intended for people who want to learn about nonviolence as both ethical and
practical, and people who want to learn how to organize effectively to create good solutions for our local
community, our nation, and our world. This workshop series is an excellent starting point for novices,
and it also provide much more insights and skills for people who are already experienced. The
workshops involve thinking and talking, not physical activities.
The six workshops are:
1. “The Power and Practicality of Nonviolence- What is Nonviolence?”
2. “How to Strategize and Organize Effective Movements.”
3. “Organizing 101: Basic Nuts and Bolts of Grassroots Organizing.”
4. “Using three different models to devise strategies to make progress on an issue YOU care about.”
5. “Empowering the Progressive Movement.”
6. “How to Get Your Message Out to the General Public.”
Glen donates his time. The Olympia Senior Center charges modest fees to cover its administrative overhead
and the use of space and to reimburse Glen for printing. There are no additional costs. The fee is
$62 for members of the Olympia Senior Center or $68 for the general public. Persons of any age may
register and participate.