- This event has passed.
World Premiere of film starring Thich Nhat Hanh, online
June 2 @ 6:00 am - 7:45 am
Thurs June 2, 6 – 7:45 am Pacific (yes, that does say AM!), online
Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR) partners with the Thich Nhat Hanh Foundation to present the Online World Premiere of the The 5 Powers Revolution film starring Thich Nhat Hanh, by Gregory Kennedy: Co-Director / Producer / Creator
The inspiring interconnected true story of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, Martin Luther King Jr, Sister Chan Khong, and Alfred Hassler.
The 56 minute 2016 best movie award-winning film has been updated for 2022. Narrated by former FOR Executive Director Rev. Dr. Emma Jordan-Simpson, the film also explores the creation and global impact of the 1957 MLK and The Montgomery Story comic, created by FOR’s Alfred Hassler in collaboration with Dr. King, and examines how the 5 powers of Buddhist practice–faith, diligence, mindfulness, concentration, and insight–can be used to end war, heal ourselves, and protect our planet.
followed by a live panel discussion with…
- Brother Phap Dung, dharma teacher of Deer Park Monastery in California;
- Laura Hassler, Alfred Hassler’s daughter and Executive Director of Musicians Without Borders;
- Noam Dromi, Emmy Award winning film-maker;
- Anthony Nicotera, Interim Co-Executive of FOR and one of the film’s producers; and
- Gregory Kennedy, the film’s creator, co-director, and producer.
26% of the net income from the film, multi-lingual comics, and NFT sales will be donated to the Thich Nhat Hanh Foundation (20%) and FOR-USA (6%), the largest, oldest interfaith peace, and justice organization in the United States, of which both Thich Nhat Hanh and Dr. King were members.
Donation, pay what you can